Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Writing What is & is Proposed

I'll just be experimenting for a bit to see how this looks and establish my preferences.

The idea is to try and write quite a bit while I am in Prague. I haven't written letters/in a journal to BJ since I believe jr. year of HS, & reading about things that got me in a tizzy then helps me carry myself better now. I believe this is what may be brushed off as "gaining perspective."

Also, I'll be writing these in journal form to BJ. Simple habit and adoration I suppose.

10 days until takeoff, 11 days until arrival. With a 6 hr stopover in Cophenhagen, there may yet be another post before Praha.

Proposed itinerary:
1)2 Near death experiences-
(Note: Risk only has to be perceived, not nec. real or realized. Also, activities such as bungee jumping and skydiving excluded, on the basis that if you actually think you are going to die, you should have spent more than $40 for the rubber band around your ankles or picnic tarp on your back.)

2)Make friends with pickpockets-
People I have spoken to about Prague immediately warn me about the pickpockets of the bridge. I will write a note offering compensation for pickpocketing lessons that I will tape to some money that will stick out of my pocket. The only problem I see is that I absolutely hate being touched and am dreading being brushed up against when it is grabbed.

3)Be a stereotypical teenager-
Why? Well, why not? I don't think that's a proper answer. Ask me again. (Why?) Because, if I make it a goal then I get the satisfaction of crossing something off a to do list AND the satisfaction of these stereotypical teenage experiences. It's like double jeopardy, except excellent.

4)Map a lot of secret passages in Prague's castles-
The castels are old. And if the passages don't exist, the proposed map will become a blueprint of possibilities I will submit to the Czech govt. before I depart at the end of the semester.

10 days.

No comments: